PowerSchool Student App
The PowerSchool Mobile App is the same for both students and parents. The Student (and parent) App is an online portal accessible anywhere on the web that students can log in to and see their grades, assignments, scores, attendance, schedules, school bulletin, and more.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL APP
1. Go to the iTunes store and search for PowerSchool. Be sure to select the PowerSchool Mobile app. 2. Follow normal download and installation directions as for typical iTune apps. 3. Return to your homescreen, find the PowerSchool icon and tap it.
The first time you launch the PowerSchool Mobile App you will need to associate your account with a specific server using a District Code.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The District Code for High School is different from the District Code for grades K-8.
K – 8: XXDP
HIGH SCHOOL: DWWH
3. Complete the sign in with your MCS student ID and password.
1. DASHBOARD - The initial page that loads is the Dashboard which lists your classes, current grades and attendance. You can delve deeper into the specific class assignments by clicking on the actual grade listed for each class. From the bottom of the Dashboard you also have access to grades, assignments, attendance and much more.
2. GRADES – There are three tabs available to view in the Grades window, Final Grades, Standards and Citizenship. The Grades tab is an overview similar to what is found on the Dashboard. The Standards tab is only used in grades K-6. The Citizenship tab will show what citizenship mark was assigned at the last reporting term. A green circle with an up arrow indicates the student’s grade has done up since the last update. A red circle and down arrow indicates the grade has gone down.
3. ASSIGNMENTS – The Assignments window lists all current assignments in reverse chronological order with the later due assignments at the top and most currently due assignments at the bottom.
4. ATTENDANCE – Any absences or tardies shown can be tapped to show details for each entry. Attendance codes can be found at More > Settings > Attendance Codes 5. MORE – The More option includes many additional features, Settings, Help Center and the Logout. The features listed will vary depending on grade level and school site.