International Baccalaureate (IB) Program at Modesto High School
- Challenging and exciting classes focusing on writing, thinking, and communicating.
- Rigorous and comprehensive education based on global perspectives.
- Preparedness for college studies through Theory of Knowledge class.
- Recognition and development of the potential of each student.
- Traditional high school with extra-curricular activities.
- Community involvement through business and education partnerships and participation, and a commitment to community and human welfare.
- A high school with over 125 years of excellence and tradition.
- The latest in technology and information resources.
- High standard of teaching required by the International Baccalaureate Organization.
- Advance course placement at colleges and universities around the world.
- High expectations for students and the development of their full academic potential in all areas of study.
Modesto High School hosts IB Parent Information Nights to inform incoming freshmen and their parents about the academically rigorous IB program. The hour-long presentation strives to answer the following questions:
- What does the research say about the impact of the IB on students’ experience in high school?
- What does the research say about the Diploma Program impact on college admission and enrollment?
- What does the research say about the IB impact on college preparation?
The presentation also covers the requirements and timeline for entrance into the IB program. Current IB teachers, parents and students take part in the presentation.
Meeting dates for current 8th grade students are scheduled for:
- Tuesday, February 2, 2016 (Spanish translation provided)
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016
- Thursday, February 18, 2016
All meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. in the Modesto High School library, 18 H Street, Modesto.