Curriculum & Instruction Information for Parents
Modesto City Schools is dedicated to providing quality education for every student in our program. To accomplish this objective, we strive to develop and maintain partnerships with parents and community members. Effective connections between home and school will help to promote productive learning conditions for every child. These open communication lines will expand and enhance learning opportunities.
This site is designed to keep you up to date on the latest local and state curriculum and instruction policies. Please utilize the links in the sections below to access information regarding MCS Board Policies and CA State Education Codes regarding curriculum, instruction, and adoptions.
- Library services
Library Services provides support to school sites and departments in the area of district-adopted and site-adopted instructional materials. The primary functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate the evaluation, selection, adoption, ordering, distribution, and monitoring of instructional materials in the district’s K-12 programs.
- Ensure compliance with the California Education Code in the area of instructional materials sufficiency.
- Assist school sites with providing sufficient instructional materials for all pupils in core subject areas and ensure these instructional materials are aligned to the content standards and consistent with the cycles of the curriculum frameworks adopted by the State Board of Education.
- Report to the Board of Education in an annual public hearing no later than the eighth week of each school year in the matters of Certification of Standards-Aligned and Sufficient Textbooks and Instructional Materials.
- Instructional materials
- Board policies on curriculum, instruction, and adoptions
- 1312.2 AR - Complaints Concerning Instructional Materials or Library Resources
- 1312.2 BP - Complaints Concerning Instructional Materials or Library Resources
- 1312.2 E - Community Member's Request for Reconsideration of Instructional Materials or Library Resources
- 6161 AR - Equipment, Books and Materials
- 6161 BP - Equipment, Books and Materials
- 6161.1 AR - Selection and Evaluation of Instructional Materials
- 6161.1 BP - Selection and Evaluation of Instructional Materials
- 6161.11 AR - Instructional Materials
- 6161.11 BP - Supplementary Instructional Materials
- Education code on curriculum, instruction, and adoptions
- FAIR Act