Delegate Party Policy Committee (DPPC)
Modesto City Schools Head Start Program is a Delegate under the Grantee, Stanislaus County Office of Education. Representatives from each of the schools are selected to make up the Delegate Parent Policy Committee.
The DPPC meets once a month during the school year for approximately 1.5 hours
DPPC is responsible for very important decisions that affect the operation of the Head Start Program, such as:
- How to spend Head Start budget money.
- Interviewing prospective Head Start staff.
- Determining the quality of programs in Head Start.
What Can I Do?
As a parent of a Head Start student, you can:
- Volunteer to help in the classroom.
- Attend the monthly parent meeting at your center.
- Continue your involvement in DPPC.
- Represent Modesto City Schools at the county level.