Future Ready Initiative
The Benefits of a Take-Home 1:1 Initiative
A “take-home” 1:1 initiative allows learning to go beyond the boundaries of the normal school day
with equitable access for all students.
Both students and teachers will reap extensive benefits of this initiative:
- Students demonstrate increased motivation and engagement.
- Students have an electronic means to communicate with a teacher without embarrassment.
- Students participate in learning activities that utilize the resources they use outside of school on a daily basis.
- Schools do not have to pay for the printing of copious quantities of paper copies.
- Students can easily access digital documents and resources.
- Teachers can differentiate readings and assignments based on student readiness or interest.
- Teachers can post all documents and assignments in one location.
- Students interact with digital content in a way that cannot be duplicated with paper, book, and pencil.
- Students and teachers have access to the most recent and relevant information from all over the world.
- Students acquire the technological skills that they will need in their educational career and workplace.