Board Approves "Vision, Mission, and Values" Statements02/22/2019
Trustees approved the District’s “Vision, Mission, and Values” statements at the February 19 Board of Education meeting. The approval followed a collaborative process that included trustees, labor union partners, and District administrators.
Every student graduates with the skills, knowledge, and character traits essential to thrive and contribute to society.
We provide rigorous, relevant, and diverse educational programs that engage and motivate all students to reach their individual potential by:
- Providing a safe and welcoming learning and working environment.
- Ensuring all students have access to the highest quality instruction and learning conditions, and graduate, college and career ready.
- Creating a culture of high expectations for all students and employees.
- Supporting our staff in making data-driven decisions that are in the best interest of students.
- Encouraging trust through open, honest and ongoing communication across all members of our school community.
- Every student deserves our best, every day and in every situation.
- All students will know we believe in them, and that they are the focus of our work.
- Every interaction with students matters and is an opportunity to teach and show we care.
- Positive, collaborative school-community relationships are built on trust and respect.
- Educating the whole child is maximized by creating meaningful partnerships with communities, families, parents/guardians, and educators.
- Our students and employees will strive to model our nine character traits.
- Continuous learning and sharing new ideas, best practices, and offering support to one another helps us improve.
Download a PDF of the “Vision, Mission, and Values” statements: