High School Program Offering Information Nights01/18/2017
Downey High School Open House & 8th Grade Parent Information Night
- Date/Time: Thursday, February 23, 2017 @ 6 p.m.
- Loc?ation: Downey High School Multipurpose Room, 1000 Coffee Road
- Purpose: Receive information about the many programs at Downey High, including Band, Dance Production, Drama, Visual Communication, Culinary Arts, Agriculture and more. Eighth grade students and parents of 8th graders are encouraged to attend.
Modesto High School International Baccalaureate (IB) Informational Meeting
- Thursday, January 19, 2017 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017 @ 6:30 p.m. (Spanish translation provided)
- Tuesday, February 7, 2017 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 16, 2017 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Location: Modesto High School Library, 18 H Street
- Purpose: Receive information on the IB program, a two-year course of study designed to prepare high school juniors and seniors to succeed in any university in the world. The program provides students with the technical skills needed to advance their own learning in an environment of constant intellectual challenge and satisfaction.
Davis High School Program Night
- Date/Time: Thursday, January 19, 2017 @ 6-7:30 p.m.
- Location: Davis High School Cafeteria, 1200 W. Rumble Road
- Purpose: Receive information about the programs and academies at Davis High, including the AVID program, Middle College 101 pathway, Athletics, Ag pathway, Health Careers Academy and Public Safety Academy. Eighth-grade students and parents of 8th graders are encouraged to attend.
Johansen High School Program Offering Night
- Date/Time: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 @ 5:30-7 p.m.
- Location: Johansen High School Vikings’ Den, 641 Norseman Drive
- Purpose: Meet and greet with teachers and staff to learn about all the different opportunities at Johansen High School, including Advanced Placement, Agriculture Academy, the Digital Arts & Technology Advancement pathway, Education & Human Development Academy, Industrial Technology Engineering Academy, and the Visual & Performing Arts pathway.
Enochs High School Pathways Program Offering Information Night
- Date/Time: Thursday, January 26, 2017 @ 6 p.m.
- Location: Enochs High School Multipurpose Room, 3201 Sylvan Avenue
- Purpose: Describe and explain the four available pathways at Enochs (Cinema and Graphic Arts, Employment Opportunities, Pre-Veterinary Science, and Forensics/Biotechology), the application process, and timeline for students who do not live in the Enochs attendance area. Enochs will also hold an 8th grade Parent Night on February 23, 2017 at 6 p.m. in the gym.
Beyer High School Program Night
- Date/Time: Monday, January 30, 2017 @ 6 p.m.
- Location: Beyer Gymnasium, 1717 Sylvan Avenue
- Purpose: Find out more information about the programs offered at Beyer High School and meet the teachers within the program. These programs include small engine repair, plant and animal science, floral design, world languages, robotics and computer engineering, and visual and performing arts. Eighth grade students and parents of 8th graders are encouraged to attend.
Gregori High School Small Learning Community and Unique Programs Informational Meeting
- Date/Time: Monday, February 6, 2017 @ 7 p.m.
- Location: Gregori High School Multipurpose Room, 3701 Pirrone Road
- Purpose: Receive information about Gregori High’s Small Learning Communities and unique programs, including Career Technology, Global Studies Academy, Visual and Performing Arts, and Media & Business Academy. Students with common interests take classes together but interact with the entire school through sports, dances and other activities. Eighth grade students and parents of 8th graders are encouraged to attend.