Care and Maintenence of Devices
It is the student’s responsibility to keep their device in working order and keep it clean:
- Students will receive the following: the device, power adapter, stylus, padded bag, and ear buds. Ear buds and stylus will not be replaced when lost or damaged. Students may purchase new ear buds or stylus from the student store.
- Students should store the device, power cord, stylus and earbuds in the padded bag provided and should charge their device at home every night.
- Students should restart their devices every day to receive all of the latest Microsoft and District updates. Updates will occur after school hours so class time is not interrupted. Any issues should be reported to the Computer Technician immediately.
- Students should not place stickers, decals, labels, “skins,” etc., on the District device.
- Students should clean their screen with a microfiber cloth.
- Students should not eat or drink near the device.
- Students transferring to another MCS school must return their device to their original school before they can receive a device at their new school.
- Students transferring to another school district must turn in their device prior to disenrolling from the school. Failure to do so will result in a fine for the device.