New enrollees to Modesto City Schools are required to provide the following documentation:
- Completed Registration Card
- Address Verification - one of the following must be submitted (see the Residence Verification Form for more info):
- Copy of recent utility bill (i.e. PG&E, or City of Modesto)
- Copy of recent rental agreement
- Copy of recent purchase agreement or escrow title paperwork stating buyer will live in the home
(Parent/Guardian name on this address verification must be the same parent/guardian name and address that are written on the registration card.)
- Adult I.D. verification: The adult registering the student must provide proof of identification, i.e. Driver’s license, or other photo I.D.
- Immunization Verification, see the guidelines posted by the California Department of Health Services (Board Policy 5141.31, Senate Bill 277)
- Withdrawal documents/drop papers/unofficial transcripts from the most recent previous school, if the student has been attending another school
- Guardian/care giver documentation, if applicable
- Current IEP or current 504 plan, if applicable
- Evidence of student’s age (Education Code 48002, Administrative Regulation 5111)
- Copy of birth record or a statement by local registrar or a county recorder certifying the date of birth
- Baptism certificate duly attested
- When none of the foregoing is obtainable, affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian of the minor
Kindergarten Enrollment Requirements
To register children for kindergarten, parents/guardians should have the following documents available to scan:
- Proof of child’s date of birth (certified copy of Birth Certificate, Notarized Affidavit of Birth, Baptismal Certificate, Physician’s Cert./Hospital Cert., County Recorder’s Cert., Passport, or Family Bible. Ed Code 48002).
- Child’s current Immunization record including: 4 Polio (3 is acceptable if the last dose was given on or after the fourth birthday), 5 DTP (4 is acceptable if the last dose was given on or after the fourth birthday), 2 MMR, 3 Hepatitis B, and Varicella (chicken pox) or proof that child has had chicken pox confirmed by a health care provider.
- Verification of residence (utility bill, receipts from rent or property tax payments).
- Proof of child’s health screening (physical exam) within the last 12 months.
- Proof of dental exam within the last 12 months.