Turnaround Opportunity School (TOPS)
Gregori High School
3701 Pirrone Road
Modesto, CA 95356
Principal: Brad Goudeau
Johansen High School
641 Norseman Drive
Modesto, CA 95357
Principal: Nathan Schar
Turnaround Opportunity School (TOPS) is an MCS Opportunity school-within-a-school housed at two satellite locations, Gregori and Johansen High Schools. TOPS serves 9th and 10th grade students (under 16 years of age) who are referred from the comprehensive high schools and provides additional support for students who are at-risk and/or have, for a variety of reasons, demonstrated difficulty succeeding in the comprehensive high school structure. Referred students can be those who have been identified as at-risk of dropping out of school due to a variety of academic, attendance, or behavior factors.
Daily attendance is required from 8:15 a.m. - 12:54 p.m.
Features of TOPS:
- Students take six periods per day.
- Self-contained environment allows for smaller class size and 1:1 contact with teachers.
- E-learning class for credit recovery to get back on track.
- With completion of requirements, students can qualify to return to their comprehensive school and get back on track for graduation and a diploma.
- Student Assistant Specialist from the Center for Human Services to provide social-emotional support and guidance.