Superintendent Sara Noguchi
Sara Noguchi, Ed.D
Welcome Back to School!
My first year in MCS was a whirlwind – I was humbled and touched by the support and warm welcome I received a year ago, and I’m extremely proud of the partnerships that I’ve nurtured with the Board of Education, staff, families, and the community. Through these partnerships and collaborative efforts, we were able to accomplish great things and reach new heights…and we already have forward momentum propelling us into this new school year.
I spent a good portion of the first few months of the last school year on my “Looking, Listening, and Learning” journey. During this time, I remained focused on gathering and assessing data by meeting with as many stakeholders as possible to gain an understanding of how MCS works in our endeavor to support students and areas where we could grow and be more innovative. The feedback I received from those meetings was compiled and used by a diverse set of stakeholders to create the following Strategic Goals for the District:
- Goal One: Increase academic achievement and ensure equitable access to enable all students to attain college and career readiness.
- Goal Two: Ensure all employees have access to high quality professional development.
- Goal Three: Provide a safe, welcoming, and respectful learning environment for every member of the school community while ensuring effective district-wide communication for students, staff, families, and community partners.
- Goal Four: Ensure the District is fiscally and operationally sound.
- Goal Five: Recruit, hire, train, and retain high quality staff.
These goals align with our “Vision, Mission & Values” statements and provide a clear focus for all staff that will guide our work to improve student outcomes. Because at MCS, we stand united – as educators, as staff, as mentors, and as resources to the students and families we serve – in our focus on making students’ learning experience the top priority for our district.
I continue to be deeply committed to ensuring that all students have access to a high quality education. At MCS, we believe that every student matters and every moment counts. I’m confident that, by continuing to work together, we will create the right conditions for all students to grow their knowledge and learn valuable skills that are necessary for them to be successful members in our community. And by doing so, we will fulfill our vision that every student graduates with the skills, knowledge, and character traits essential to thrive and contribute to society.
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year…our journey together as students, staff, and parents toward bright learning futures, enlightening development pathways and powerful knowledge and growth continues!
View Message Archive