During this time of navigating the COVID-19 pandemic and ensuring a safe learning environment for our students, we are grateful for your continued partnership in your child’s learning journey during the 2021-2022 school year. To help support your child in the event of a possible quarantine due to COVID-19 exposure, we have provided the following resources.
Trimester 1 Print Packets (ELA / Math) – Grade-level packets include daily work for ELA and math practice. Most material will be a review of content they have covered previously. Parents can review the schedule of activities with your child to ensure they are on pace.
Dreambox (Math) – Students access Dreambox through the MCS App Portal. The software will provide grade- and ability-level math practice. Students should complete one lesson per day (about 20-30 minutes in duration) but are welcome to complete more lessons.
Amplify Reading (ELA) – Students access Amplify Reading through the MCS App Portal. The software will provide grade- and ability-level ELA practice. Students should spend about 20-30 minutes a day on Amplify Reading but are welcome to spend more time.
Studies Weekly (Social Studies) – Students access Studies Weekly through the MCS App Portal. Students should spend about 20-30 minutes per week on Studies Weekly but are welcome to spend more time.
Discovery (Science) – Students access Discovery Science through the MCS App Portal. Students should spend about 20-30 minutes per week on Discovery Science but are welcome to spend more time.
Physical Education – Pending weather and air quality restrictions, we encourage your child to complete a minimum of 20 minutes a day in physical activity. Suggestions include walking outside, playing ball, riding a bike, etc.
Additional Resources - Your student’s teacher may choose to post resources online on Schoology as well. Schoology can be accessed through the MCS App portal using your student’s MCS ChromeBook.
All 7-12 teachers will provide students with one of the two options outlined below for student academic work while on quarantine:
- OPTION #1: Daily/weekly course-specific work related directly to the daily instruction occurring in class uploaded to Schoology
- For example, this is the work students are doing in class and it is accessible through Schoology to students at home on quarantine.
- If the assigned work cannot be completed due to in-class specific instruction and/or activities being necessary to complete the assignments, then Option #2 must be provided
- OPTION #2: Teachers will upload to Schoology an assignment(s) / packet of work “in lieu of” assigned in-class work.
- Assignments of this nature will equal one day of absence as the length of quarantines vary from person to person.
- These activities/assignments will be used in lieu of “make-up” work being assigned for missed in-class activities & assignments.
- DUE DATES:
- Students shall be allowed two school-days for each day of absence to make up quarantine academic work.
- However, the premise is for students to complete the work while at home on quarantine provided the student is not ill or experiencing other hardships.
How to log into the MCS App Portal